Technicolor’s latest leading role is as the breakout supplier of micro- and nano- based microfluidics consumables to the life sciences industries. Technicolor provides high quality quick-turn prototyping and rapid scalability for high volume manufacturing to speed development and product launch.
World Class Prototyping, Molding, Fabrication and Optical Technologies
Proprietary Processes that Speed Delivery
High-Scale Regional Manufacturing and Logistics
Innovation Center Located in Major Biotech Hub
EXPERIENCE, INNOVATION, EXPERTISE
Experience that Counts
As the world’s largest manufacturer of optical discs, Technicolor produces over one billion units annually and is trusted with the industry’s most sensitive Intellectual Property. Technicolor stays at the forefront of disruptive innovation with a dedicated Research and Innovation division underpinning a solid intellectual knowledge base and 100-plus year technology legacy.
Innovation that Matters
By applying its world-class innovation and infrastructure, leveraging its rapid prototyping and high volume manufacturing expertise, Technicolor is uniquely positioned to be your microfluidics prototyping and production solution.
Expertise that Resonates
Technicolor’s expertise has made us a world leader in precision injection molding, mastering, and replication. This minimizes your manufacturing risk and ensures continuous product availability with the highest quality. Couple this with the open communication and responsiveness of our team of biomedical professionals with many years of experience serving the medical diagnostic industry, and you’ll see the difference!
A full solution from design for manufacturing and rapid prototyping to high volume production and complete logistics support.
Specific design elements include: droplet generators, mixing channels and chambers, cell sorting and capture, filters, optical detection chambers, lenses, cell culture chambers, integrated hologram security features, nano/microarrays, precision through holes/vias, connection options.
- Wide choice of Polymer Materials
- Validation – process and specification conformance
- Final product transfer to manufacturing
- Variable thickness photoresist direct recording process
- Recording spot size of 250 nm, minimum recorded feature size of 500 nm
- Highly precise, smooth walls, no machine tooling marks
- Ability to incorporate Holographic Optical Elements (HOE), Diffractive Optical Elements (DOE) and Diffractive Lenses
- Laser Lithography, DRIE
- State-of-the-Art Precision Injection Molding
- Polymer materials – COC, COP, PP, PC, PS, PMMA and many others
- Flexible prototyping capabilities to support custom form factors
- Precise control of geometrical and optical properties
- Nanoimprint Lithography
- Oxygen plasma
- Corona discharge
- Vacuum deposition / sputtering
- Coatings: multiple metallization, surface chemistries
- Multiple bonding technologies supported including thermal fusion, film lamination, laser welding
- Critical control of alignment, optical quality, flatness
- Our packaging solutions are capable of supporting a diverse range of product sizes and requirements to address any of your assembly and kitting needs
- Custom printing options
- Clean room fabrication and assembly facility
- Process and specification conformance
- Advanced metrology and microfluidics testing labs
- Our strategically-located global facilities provide flexible, scalable omni-channel solutions to meet the demands of seasonal and fast-moving product cycles.
Prior to embarking on his career, Blake earned a BA in Biological Science, Biochemistry from the University of California, San Diego, and subsequently an MBA from Boston University.
Uniting Biomedical Expertise with World-class Precision Manufacturing and Innovation.
Microfluidic Innovation Center